Why support Youth Homes?
Why give to Youth Homes? Simple. Your gift of any size goes directly into serving Youth Homes kids. Here’s why your support matters:
10 Reasons to Give to Youth Homes
1. You make a difference in the life of severely traumatized children.
Through safety, structure and therapeutic support, together we can transform the lives of foster youth — equipping them to succeed and find a better future.
2. With your support, we provide a safe and stable homelike environment.
Youth Homes has four state-licensed residential programs and a Foster Family Agency/Resource Family Agency which helps children find a permanent, loving home.
3. You build the bridge from foster care to adulthood.
Our programs for transition age youth (TAY) help young adults graduate from high school, find employment and housing. We’re proud that our outcomes for young adults exceed the national average for former foster youth.
4. With your donation, children can see a future.
Through Family Pathways, children and families have access to mental health service coordination and home based support.
5. You’re making history: Your contribution helps sustain the oldest operating non-profit foster care program in Contra Costa County.
Youth Homes has served foster youth in Contra Costa County for 50+ years and is held in high regard by the county.
6. We can’t do it without you!
Philanthropy is the bridge between government contract funding and the actual costs we incur to provide quality care.
7. Your gifts translate into hiring, training, and retaining effective employees who increase a child's success.
Our staff members are trained to be positive adult role models and help children develop a sense of value and self-confidence.
8. You set an example in your community by being a “change-maker” where you live and work.
We have six physical sites located in Lafayette, Pleasant Hill, Concord, and Antioch. We are a local organization serving local youth.
9. Giving is easy and there are many ways to get involved.
Make a donation, volunteer as a mentor or become a foster parent. Youth Homes is looking for dedicated friends to become involved through your gifts of time, talent and treasure.
10. You can become a Living Legend.
Planned gifts support our endowment which means that we can support our programs as long as children need us.
why youth homes deserves your support.
Homelessness is foster youths’ biggest challenge. As kids approach transition age, they need a safe place to live — to finish their education, find work, and launch their lives. 87% of transition age youth who participate in our TAY Full Service Program remain housed for a year.